Guide to Selecting Miami Movers to Hire
Most of the time, people keep having doubts about moving to another location. Several questions arise such as:
Is hiring a moving company really necessary?
What services do they provide? Would they do all the packing, loading, shipping, and unpacking that needs to be done?
How expensive is it?
Your budget, timelines, and the difficulty of the transfer are just a few of the many things you have to look into before deciding to hire a moving company. Some people would just get help from their friends or choose to move on their own, but most of the time, this won’t be too practical, especially if they have a lot of belongings. Here are tips to help you decide:
1. Approximate how much you need to relocate. There are specific sizes of trucks according to the bulk of things you need to move. Find out how much stuff these trucks could contain. You can count up the number of rooms in your house to approximate what size of U-Haul truck you need. Follow the guide below.
- 10’ can move stuff for a studio type apartment
- 14’ can move stuff for 1 to 2 bedrooms
- 17’ can move stuff for around 2 to 3 bedrooms
- 24’ can move stuff for around 3 to 4 bedrooms
- 26’ can move stuff for 4 or more bedrooms
2. Once you have determined the truck size you need, make a survey and try asking for a quotation from 3 to 4 moving companies. The total cost would vary according to the size of truck you’re getting and the distance between your old place to your new place. It will be helpful to do come up with your own approximation before calling so that you will know what cost to expect. Distance and fuel calculators that will help you on your computation are available online.
3. When you have gathered a list of estimates from moving companies, familiarize yourself with the services included in the package. Some companies are willing to do more such as packing, shipping, unloading, and unpacking – but some just load and unload your things and you are left to pack and unpack your things. These services actually depend on the amount of budget you have allotted for them. Maybe you can get more services for a bigger price. Anyway, the most important thing is that you know what your needs are before fixing a deal. Then lastly, make sure that you’re hiring a reliable firm. Go over their websites and ask for recommendations from people you know.